The Talking Lion

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Here I am. Rock you like a hurricane.

My name is Sean. I write about sports.

But not all the time. Right now I am not writing about sports. But most of the time when my name is accompanied with some text that is available for the general public to read, it is about sports.

Why is that? Why don't I write about something other than sports?

Well, for one, writing about sports put me in a good mood. It's fun to watch sports, even if it's high school games that I'm assigned to cover for a medium-sized daily newspaper in Central Virginia. Watching an atheltic competition is a relaxing way to spend a chunk of your day and capturing the essence of such a competition in 15 inches of column space for 50,000 good people of the Charlottesville area is an enjoyable experience.

There are other things I enjoy, like eating, watching movies and having relations with the opposite sex. But for all of these subjects I don't have the expertise that I do when it comes to sports; I am nowhere near qualified enough to write on these topics.

There are other things that I am knoweldgable enough to write about, like Nickelodeon TV shows from the early 90's, the ins outs of delivering pizza and, to a lesser extent, politics and current events. As far as the first two are concerned, I am confident that very few people have any interest of reading what I have to say on any of those subjects. When it comes to politics and current events, I'm inclined to think otherwise.

But what makes me think anyone has an interest in hearing me talk about politics and current events? Well, it seems like Arun Butcher does. And that's good enough for me.

Like my esteemed colleagues Pat and Arun, I have opinions on the current shape of the world and the American political climate, among other things. I will be sharing those opinions with you in the future. I hope you find them to be of some value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home