The Talking Lion

Monday, May 30, 2005

Thank you



Today we remeber those who died in uniform. They died fighting for our country. We owe them.

Part of me wants to make jokes/spew hatred at our leadership for the current mess and blah blah blah, but thats just unchecked cynicism that has consumed me since Gore v. Bush. So while I bow my head and wish their souls well, go visit The Heretik for some more eloquent words. And Pandagon, for that matter.

Einstein said, "The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that refuse military service." But I (wish I wasn't a cynical deist or I would) pray for those who don't have that choice; the poor always fill the most flag-draped coffins. I (would) pray for their souls and pray for retribution upon those who sent them to their deaths for... what? I think it starts with "o".

But today isn't about politics or policy or assholes, its about remembering those who fought and died for us. And I will. And I thank them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home