The Talking Lion

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

95 Theses

Former German priest Matthew Fox has written 95 Theses or Articles of Faith for a Christianity for a Third Millennium. Now, I'm not giving up on my atheism or anything, but I must say I agree wholeheartedly with 80-90% of them. Some of the are very vague, which the philosopher in me finds troubling, but that also makes them tantalizing. Consider this one as an example: " 6. Theism (the idea that God is ‘out there’ or above and beyond the universe) is false. All things are in God and God is in all things (panentheism)."

On a related note, I recently bought Jorge Luis Borge's collected fictions and just reread "Three Versions of Judas" like, several times (only five pages). I must say that I get a rush every time I get to the end, and that if I wanted to worship a god, it would be the deity in that story. Highly recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home