The Talking Lion

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Big news day...

So.

There was a major terrorist attack in London today.

I have relatives all over London (I'm Indian, we all have Londoners in the family) and thankfully they're all ok. The only rel that would have been on public trans was fortunately late for work today. All the I-told-you-so aside, my thoughts go out to those effected by this heinous crime.

But...

So much for taking the fight to the terrorists, eh? From Pandagon:
I just can't stop thinking about the fact that we're fighting a war in Iraq (unless the reason's changed again) to draw terrorist attention there rather than the rest of the world. As much incredible bullshit as that is, it was and is a serious line of thought among war supporters, held so strongly that anyone who rejects it when terrorist attacks happen on their home soil is seen as a quitter and an appeaser rather than a sane individual (see: Spain).



Jeez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home